International Collaboration to Improve OHCA Survival
1Emergency Department, Singheatlh Duke NUS, Singapore
The mission of the Pan-Asian Resuscitation Outcomes Study (PAROS) is to improve outcomes from Prehospital and Emergency care across the Asia-Pacific by promoting high quality research into resuscitation. There is an urgent need to better understand the key factors that affect OHCA survival, and to develop methods to improve OHCA survival.
This international study has the following objectives:
1. Understand OHCA as a disease in Asia
2. Describe current pre-hospital systems in the Asia-Pacific
3. Provide international benchmarking and study of best practices
4. Impact community awareness and change attitudes towards OHCA
5. Improve OHCA survival by system/ community level interventions
PAROS provides a user-friendly, infrastructure, to conduct patient-oriented, clinical, translational or service systems research in a high quality, cost-efficient manner. We are also part of the Global Resuscitation Alliance, through the Asian Association for EMS (AAEMS). This network will help to answer key questions to better inform the development and revisions in prehospital emergency care policies. We aim for PAROS to be the driving force for pre-hospital research and development in the Asia Pacific region.