Challenge For Prehospital Emergency Care in Vietnam
Do Ngoc Son1
1TBD, Bach Mai Hospital, Vietnam
Vietnam is one of fastest developing countries in South East Asia (ASEAN) with growing population of more than 90 million people. As other countries, we are facing many challenges due to rapid modernization and urbanization. The diversity of the daily life and culture is an attraction for Vietnam, however, it will be big dilemma for the development the orderly and harmonized system such as pre-hospital care system. Currently there are many different EMS models in Vietnam with the large extent from bigger cities to the locality. EMS system covers very small part of population with less than 10% of ED admission in the bigger cities and centers. In order to develop more efficient system, there are several solutions for Vietnam:
1. To increase access of people to EMS system in the different levels from big cities to local levels
2. To strengthen the current EMS system in all level. The first focus will be building models in different levels.
3. To set up the education and training system for EMS
4. To create a legal framework for EMS development
5. To strengthen the international cooperation for sharing experiences and resources
6. To improve quality, accountability, administration and government of EMS in deferent levels.